Georgia Food Processing Facility
National Community Fund I, LLC’s NMTC financing supports the construction of a new food processing and packaging facility, bringing 300 new quality jobs to Clayton County, Georgia.
Founded in 1896, the Castellini Group of Companies (Castellini) is one of the oldest members of the produce industry in the United States. Castellini is at the forefront of best practices in the produce industry and is constantly investing in its facilities, operations, and people. Castellini will construct a new 180,000 square foot refrigerated produce processing and distribution development (the Project) that includes 14,000 square feet of LEED certified office space in the community of Clayton County, Georgia. The facility will serve as the Southeastern U.S. operations base for Castellini with approximately 300 jobs being created in office management, produce processing and distribution areas. The Project is being engineered to exceed FDA Food Safety Modernization Act regulatory requirements, insuring that a sufficient supply of safe and healthy produce distributed by Castellini will be available in the Southeastern U.S. markets. The specialized nature of this facility has resulted in construction costs that exceed Castellini’s ability to finance the Project with their own equity and commercial debt. NMTC financing is filling the financing gap and making the Project feasible.
4322 Moreland Avenue, Conley, Georgia 30288
- Create 300 quality jobs that will pay living wages and include full health care benefits, retirement savings plans, and continual education-advancement job training. At least 50% of the jobs will be filled by residents of the local Low-Income Community and/or a Low-Income Person.
- Partnership with the State of Georgia to provide jobs to eligible candidates enrolled in the Quick Start training program, which is a state run pre- and post-employment training series aimed at developing core and technical job skills.
- Create approximately 420 pre-development and construction Jobs.
- The office space will be LEED certified and the processing and production facility will incorporate energy efficiency and waste reduction best practices to decrease the carbon footprint of the Project.
KEY COMMUNITY DEMOGRAPHICS:
- Poverty Rate: 22.4%
- Median Family Income: 60.4% of benchmark
- Unemployment Rate: 2 times the national average
- Total Project Cost: $49.5 million
- NCF NMTC Allocation: $13.5 million
- United Fund Advisors (National Community Fund I, LLC)
- The Castellini Group of Companies
- Consortium America, LLC
- ESIC New Markets Partners LVI Limited Partnership
- Urban Action Community Development, LLC
- U.S. Bancorp Community Development Corporation
- Valued Advisor Fund, LLC